To improve a school, one must believe that improvement is achievable. Flourishing School Inventory The Flourishing School Inventory provides evidence about what can be accomplished. By comparing a school’s latest results with those of earlier years, school leaders can see if their school is improving. The Inventory includes a variety of indicators, each of which reports results for an aspect of school performance that might be improved. School administrators who are dedicated to improvement will use the Inventory as an opportunity for improvement.
The Inventory reflects school performance in the following areas:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Student Support
- Technology/Sun West Distance Learning Centre (DLC)
- Graduation Rates
Each area will be defined by a set of indicators that reflect current best practice and the needs of the students in our schools.
2. Teacher Professional Practice Handbook/School-Based Administrators Professiona Practice Handbook
- Existing Professional practice documents will be updated to reflect the needs of personalized learning and learning environments.
- An addition to the Teacher Professional Practice Handbook may include International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) Teacher Competency Framework.
- Flourishing School Inventory
- The Inventory will be shared with school based administrators in Spring 2016, and will be refined and adapted based on feedback gathered in the 2016-17 school year.