The implementation of Personalized electronic Blended Learning (PeBL) is not a one size fits all process. Sun West schools are currently at various stages of addressing 21st Century learning. School leaders need to assess the current capacity of their school in addressing the needs of PeBL and develop a personalized school plan in accordance to those finding.
Groundwork for the implementation of PeBL in schools can be traced to the adoption of Sun West School Division Policy 18 21st Century Competencies by the Sun West School Division Board of Education and the focus on 21st century learning and adoption of technology infused and blended learning in classrooms.
2015 – 2016
- Unveil PeBL concept and invite input for plan
- Finalization of plan and introduction to schools
- April 25th Division Professional Learning Day – Blended learning, Professional Learning, Models, Marcia Kish (Keynote, breakouts for elementary, middle, HS)
- Leadership training April 26th – School-Based Administrators, Learning Coaches, Consultants and Superintendents
- Pebl Readiness Self-Assessment conducted at school level by staff to determine a baseline
- Schools develop A3 plan incorporating PeBL
- Coaches develop Core Modules for 2016 – 2017 (Assessment, Design Planning, Differentiation, Classroom Management, Curriculum Designing, follow up to Marcia Kish)
- PD Plan for Year 1
- Organization of Division and school PLTs
- PLT Year 1 roll out
- School plans may look different at each site.
- Some schools may need to plan to address gaps and create readiness for PeBL