Personalized learning as an instructional strategy can be used to improve student learning and as a means to achieve other Division/provincial initiatives outlined in the provincial Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) A3’s. Through the creation of a school level A3, schools can work to implement Division, provincial and school level initiatives.
Schools will create a plan using PeBL to support the initiatives within the School Division and the province. The following initiatives can be enhanced through PeBL.
- initiative to implement a consistent approach to K-3 to improve literacy levels in students
- electronic standards of conduct or procedure
Math Provincial Expectations
- improvement in math and addressing the gaps in math learning can be achieved through self-directed, personalized learning
Provincial Assessment Plan
- integrated with Sun West yearly assessment plan
- staff and student leadership can be enhanced
- through increased student engagement, student graduation rates and success rates will improve through personalized learning models
- by participating in goal setting and self-reflection, students will experience increased engagement and ownership of learning.
- First Nations and Metis Engagement
- engagement and empowerment along with consideration of personal learning needs and styles can incorporate wellness strategies. Adoption of healthy lifestyle can lead to improved learning and wellness.
- by building leadership and lifelong learning in staff, we are modelling the the qualities we want to foster in our students.
- Schools will decide how to use PeBL to support the success of the Division and the provincial initiatives and create a plan to outline actions needed for their school.
- Schools will use Professional Development (PD) days to discover how to use PeBL to support the initiatives.