Personalized electronically Blended Learning (PeBL)
Personalized electronically Blended Learning in Sun West School Division is a student-directed process that allows student voice and choice in meeting curricular outcomes. Educators are activators of learning, enabling students to achieve personal goals at a mastery level.
Lessons may still involve a teacher instructing an entire class from time to time, but often in a PeBL classroom you will see:
- A teacher working one-on-one or with a small group of students.
- Students working collaboratively in a small group solving a real world problem.
- Students working independently at their own pace using online resources.
- Students assessing their growth to set personal learning goals.
- Flexible classroom spaces designed to support individual learning styles.
PeBL classrooms provide learning opportunities that support students in developing the following skills:
- Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural and Ethical Citizenship
- Computer and Digital Technologies
The matrix below summarizes areas that are addressed in the PeBL implementation process. Detailed information and resources can found in the tabs in the menu at the top of the page or in the links below the matrix.